New to Version 2.5 is the "Trim Recording" tool represented by this toolbar icon:
To use this tool:
- Begin by clicking on the Trim Recording Icon
- The Playback Bar will change its display. Now you will see a pair of red triangles below the bar
- You can click, hold and drag the sliders to the desired locations. You can trim the beginning or end or even a section out of the middle.
- When you have defined the section of the recording you want to snip and save, click the Trim Recording icon that is to the right of the Playback Bar
- The "Trim Recording" dialog box will appear
- You can give the new recording a different name
- You can open the recording after trimming
- You can choose to delete the original recording. By default, the original recording will be kept and a new recording will be created identified by "trim" in the name.
- Make your selections and click "OK" to complete the task
See the attached video for a quick demonstration