The original video is composed of an individual file and a folder which both have the same name. The file will end in .RDI and is recognized by the Motion Amplification® software as a known file type. Clicking it will launch the Motion Amplification® software and load the video.
In order to send the raw video, you must send ALL files with the same file name. One way to do this is to create a "Compressed" or "ZIP" file with all the contents in one folder.
- Navigate to the location of your RDI Recordings. The default location will be "C:\Users\User\Documents\RDI\Recordings" where "User" will be replaced by the name of the User who is logged into the computer
- Select both the file folder and .RDI file with the same name by using the CTRL and Left Click command
- Right click on either one of the two highlighted files and select "Send to>" "Compressed (Zipped) folder"
- When the process is finished, a new folder will be created. This folder will have the same name as the original files and will end with a .ZIP extension.
- You can now transfer this new folder to someone else using a USB Memory Device, email, a file sharing program or other method.
Also, see the attached video for an example of how to do this.
NOTE - Motion Amplification® videos can get rather large. Be conscious of the file size limits associated with emailing large files. Sometimes, alternate methods of transferring files may be necessary.
This article applies to Software Versions 1.0 and 2.0 or for sending the raw data without using Motion Explorer. For instructions on how to use Motion Explorer (Introduced in Version 2.1) to Export raw video, please see the related article named How do I "Export" then "Import" files using Motion Explorer?