Installing new software or updating your existing version will follow the same procedure as described below:
READ THIS FIRST:
1. Before starting the installation process: Please be aware, your software support must be current. You can check your expiration date by following these instructions. If you have any questions about your software support please email email@example.com.
2. Please check the Microsoft BitLocker encryption setting on your computer BEFORE starting this process. If the BitLocker is turned ON and you do NOT have the key, you will lock up your hard drive and lose all of your data!!
Follow these instructions to check and disable the BitLocker if you do not intentionally have it turned on.
4. When the download has completed, open the Downloads folder
5. Copy the "MA+v3.4.0+Install.zip” file to a USB device (Optional)
6. Take the USB drive to the RDI Technologies™ Acquisition Device (Optional)
7. Copy the “MA+v3.4.0+Install.zip” file to the desktop of the RDI Acquisition Device (Optional)
8. Right-click on the “MA+v3.4.0+Install.zip” file and select “Extract All…”
NOTE - The extracted files must be on the local computer. You cannot install from the USB drive or a network location.
9. Confirm the default desktop destination by clicking “Next”
10. When extraction is complete, the extracted file location should open automatically
11. Right-click on the “setup.exe” file
12. Left-click on the “Run as administrator” action
13. Files downloaded from the internet will probably display the following caution message:
14. Click on the "More Info" link highlighted in Green below:
15. After you click the More Info link, you will see details about the publisher, it should read "RDI Technologies Inc". The "Run Anyway" button will appear. Click Run Anyway to begin the installation.
16. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the software upgrade or installation
NOTE - The download contains the newest version available. In some cases the version references above may not exactly match the version in the download which will always be the newest version. In any case, the instructions remain the same regardless of the version that you download.