Successful and efficient downloads from the MX camera require the full capacity of the network hardware on the acquisition computer. It is strongly recommended that both Wi-Fi and Hotspot network detection be disabled during acquisition. (By the way, this will also help the battery last longer.)
If your data transfer is extremely slow or you receive errors like:
Excessive download error. Transfer is beings significantly slowed due to data errors. Do you want to continue?
An unrecoverable download failure has occurred. Please contact RDI customer support.
These are signs that the ethernet connection is being used by multiple processes.
To correct this, follow these instructions:
- Right-click on the WiFi/Ethernet icon in the system tray - bottom right-hand corner of the task bar
- Open "Network & Internet Settings"
- On the left-hand side of the Settings window, select "WiFi"
- Click the on/off sliders to turn WiFi Off and Hotspot 2.0 networks Off
- Close any open Windows
- Search for "Startup Apps" in the "Type here to Search" line near the Windows "Start" icon on the task bar. Open the "System Settings" window by clicking on the "Startup Apps, System Settings" line.
- From the list of Startup Apps, make sure that Microsoft Teams is set to "Off".
- Close all open windows.
- Reboot the computer
You should also consider disabling or white-listing the RDI Acquisition application in any firewall settings.
The attached video shows these steps.