RDI data files can consist of many different files and folders. Each recording stores a folder and a file on your computer which have the same name. The two must continue to be linked by the same name. You can change the name of the recording, but ALL files associated with this recording MUST get renamed exactly the same. You could manually do this by finding the file and folder, then renaming each and every file in the folder with the same name, but this would be tedious and may lead to mistakes. The easier way is to use the RDI Motion Amplification® Software rename feature.
Follow these steps to rename a file:
- Open the video that you want to rename.
- Click on the "Information" icon in the upper right-hand corner -
- From the new Information window, click on the information icon to the left of the Recording Information
- You will be given an editable Recording Information window
- On the very top "Filename" line, to the right of the existing name, click on the "Rename Recording" icon -
- A new window will open. Enter the new name to the right of the "New name for recording" text and click [OK]
- Continue to click [OK] and close dialog boxes until you have returned to the Motion Amplification® window. In the upper left-hand corner, you should now see the new name for your recording as the "Source File."
Please watch the attached video as an example.